A Hair Extension KERATIN BOND FILL-IN "New or Existing Guests" For upkeep
Choose this service if you are interested in adding new keratin hair extensions in between hair extension applications.
This service involves removing some hair extensions, applying new keratin bonds, and/or just applying new keratin bonds Including hair blending and styling.
This appointment involves removing some extensions and adding new.
Includes hair blending and styling. Prices start at $100
Duration 1 to 2 hours
Both micro-beads and keratin-bonded hair extensions are attached to 20 +/- strands of hair, an extension is either melted into the strands or a micro-bead is threaded into the hair, and the extension is placed into the bead and clamped down with pliers.
To achieve a natural look, dozens of extensions are placed throughout the head. Be prepared for a long stay during your application.
1) 360-degree movement; the individual strands will move freely, similarly to natural hair, and can be worn up undetectably.
2) Very natural in appearance which will be hard to determine if you are wearing hair extensions. They are definitely recommended for those who prefer their hair not to scream "I am wearing hair extensions!'
3) Longevity; keratin bonded hair extensions stay in the hair for 4 to 5 months with little to no maintenance.
4) Micro-links are reusable and will last in the hair for 8 to 10 weeks, then they are "moved up." The good news is there is no adhesive involved, therefore they will not damage natural hair.
5) Proper placement and application assure no damage; the extensions are placed in rows, a bit less than a 1/4" away from the scalp, and the section should be large enough to support the hair extension. This application is tension-free and will not lead to pulling or worse, traction alopecia.
7) Removal is simple, for keratin bonds, a removal solution is dropped directly on the bond, the bond is then cracked and the extension is gently pulled off the hair. The micro-link method involves opening the link and removing the extension. In both cases, accumulated natural hair shedding will need to be gently removed. We shed over 100 strands per day and our natural shedding will stay in the extension until they are removed.
Properly applied and maintained hair extensions will avoid damage. Be sure to keep up with maintenance appointments. Any extension left long-term in the hair will lead to damage. More attention is needed at home (your stylist should provide care instructions). Knowing what products work well and what to avoid is important as well as styling techniques.
Your hair extensions are only as good as you treat and maintain them. Consider your lifestyle; sports, gym, and time restraints before taking the plunge. Just because everyone seems to be jumping on the extension bandwagon does not mean they will work for you. Research extensions via Youtube or read our in-depth blogs to help in your decision.