Hair Color Correction
Color correction is an extensive appointment from 2 to 3 hours.
We believe in continuing education and will use an artificial color extractor, or other color-removing processes. You will then need a color service after evaluating the health of your hair.
1) going from dark to lighter hair
2) changing fantasy shades
an Black Dyed Hair Be Colored Blonde
Starting Price is $125
Duration: 2 to 3 hours, varies based on service.
You may need more than one appointment to create the desired color.
Add a Hair Cut separately under Add A Hair Cut Service
Can Black-Dyed Hair Be Colored Blonde? The answer relies solely upon the type of dye and how often you have been dyed black. If your hair was dyed with a box color purchased from a drugstore - then the odds of becoming blonde in one visit are null. Most likely, with the proper procedure, you will be able to achieve caramel highlights via balayage or foiling.
The result of box hair color
If your hair was dyed professionally, but multiple times and the black dye has been run through your ends once or twice - you should expect to achieve a multi-tonal blonde achieved with highlights and/or balayage technique. This process can take several hours.
The result on Hair that was dyed black in the salon, balayage multi-tonal blonde
If your hair has been dyed black at a professional salon using professional colors once or twice - then the odds are greater to achieving platinum blonde or a very light blonde tone. This is the best predicament since the hair dye should be easier to remove.
The result on hair dyed black one time, several hours later with a heavy foil technique
Black hair dye is heavily pigmented and after several color removal processes, we may be able to render lighter hair. Keep in mind, the integrity of your hair is paramount since bleach will be used with color remover. If your hair is damaged do not do this.
Also, do not try this at home! Corrective color should be left to the professionals since we can properly gauge your hair porosity and know how to proceed. Remember results vary since we do not know how your hair will react. A professional salon will consult with you prior to color correction as well as perform a strand test. Demand a strand test before proceeding to ensure the best results.
How it works:
1) Color remover is applied to your hair, this is a sulfur-based solution that strips the artificial dye from the hair. On healthy hair, we can apply the remover up to 2 to 3 times.
2) After the color removal process the hair will look orange. If the tone is even we can then proceed to bleach and tone for platinum blonde or a mix of highlights and lowlights can be applied to hair that has uneven color.
What you should know:
1) Always ask for a consultation & be completely honest with your stylist as to how many times your hair has been colored. Tell us if you used box dye or if your hair was dyed in a professional salon.
2) Your stylist should do a strand test to determine how your hair reacts before moving forward with coloring.
3) Be realistic, achieving lighter shades may not happen in one visit. View the process as a goal you are willing to work towards.
4) Understand that this is corrective color and the price will be higher than standard coloring.
In my experience, the results vary from person to person but it is your stylist's goal to keep your hair healthy and advise what to expect. Ask for the price before starting the process to avoid a costly surprise! At Noelle Salon, we have created some miraculous transformations, feel free to check us out on social media and on our website. I welcome any questions you may have!