How do you match the texture of relaxed hair? Relaxed hair is chemically straightened using either a sodium hydroxide solution or ammonium thioglycolate (perm solution). Most relaxed hair is textured in its natural state, the hair is then straightened, but it is not always completely straight, therefore; silky straight hair extensions are not always a perfect match.
What hair extension matches relaxed hair?
1) Virgin (one-donor) hair has a natural wave with a bit of texture. Virgin hair matches well with silky relaxed hair. Our Veila Pull-Thru method of hair extensions is made of virgin hair.
2) Using textured curly hair extensions (Veila derives from Brazii), which can be blown out to match a relaxed texture. The only downside is there will be more effort in styling, and blow-drying.
3) Saharian Smooth hair is a great match! Saharian Smooth has a bit of texture, but it can still be blow-dry and/or thermal straightened. Saharaian Smooth hair extensions blend very well with medium-textured hair.
4) Yaki Hair ranges in texture from soft to coarse. Yaki is a texture that is offered in a variety of qualities from Remy to non-Remy hair (cuticle in one direction). The Remy Yaki texture is preferred. Yaki hair extensions are steamed to create desired coarseness from straight to curly texture. I have heard that the hair may come from a Yak, but I don't think so.
5) Natural hair. Actual natural hair is hard to find, you may have a friend that will donate their hair to you.
This straightened hair can use a variety of hair extensions. The most popular application is a beaded sew-in or braided weave. We do stock tape-in hair extensions and keratin hair extensions. The only caveat is that it is best to remove the hair extensions when touching up the relaxer. We have done relaxers with keratin bonds in the hair, but the relaxer needs to be applied very carefully, and not directly on the keratin bonds.
We recommend reusable hair extensions that make it easier to relax hair in between move-up appointments. Relaxers can be harsh on the hair and scalp, the Veila Pull-Thru method does not use glue, tape, or sewing; they are tension free. If a client's relaxed hair matches the pull-thru virgin texture, it is the best method to avoid damage.
The less heat applied to relaxed hair, the better. Hot combs and flat irons will not only damage your hair but will damage hair extensions.
Not everyone with textured hair relaxes their hair, natural hair is all the rage. We have an array of curly hair extensions to match natural hair. Embracing natural curl patterns will keep hair healthy, and is very chic.
The goal at our salon is to stock all textures of hair extensions; from silky smooth, virgin, relaxed textured, and different curl patterns. We offer free consultations and same-day service! Instant gratification is our motto; no need to wait for us to order hair, you can touch and feel your hair extensions at our store. At-home care is paramount, and for those with relaxed hair; we offer weekly blow-outs and wet curl sets under a hair dryer.
Hair Extensions Background
At Noelle Salon, they evaluate your natural hair, and listen to the client's wishes on styling, color match, and look. They use human hair extensions like 100% Remy human hair, or Virgin Hair (unlike Bellami hair). Hair extensions can be used for short hair or 24 inches of a full head of hair, and they have worked with different methods like tape-in extensions, clip-in hair extensions, Keratin and enjoy using the Veila Pull-thru method with the Veila Hair Extensions for ease of hair care. Styling can vary from flat iron, natural curl, or curly hair. Whether you are looking for a change of style or look for a day such as a Clip-in ponytail, having a high-quality ponytail extension can mix it up for you. Your natural hair journey with your hair growth can be enhanced with Hair extensions when protective styling is applied, and regular maintenance is used. You can change your hair in one day - feel free to reach out and explore the possibilities.