Can you wear hair extensions over 50? The choice is all yours! I can tell you that the majority of my clients are forty and over! In fact, I have a few clients in their late seventies! Years ago, women were told to cut their hair short after thirty, this is outdated advice.
Women today are using injectables, and having surgeries to make their faces look more youthful. Having youthful hair is also anti-aging. Not everyone goes for extremely long hair, some of my mature clients like to use hair extensions to fill their own hair, especially if their hair has thinned out over time. I do have many 50-plus clients with very long hair, and it is fabulous.
1) In order to keep your hair healthy, do not add too many hair extensions, since they can add too much weight to your hair follicles.
2) Go for lots of layers, especially around the face! Face framing softens the features and a wispy bang hides forehead furrows.
3) Use hair extensions to thicken your existing hair without adding extra length.
4) Elongate a short bob to a LOB (long bob), giving a more on-trend style.
5) Use extensions to achieve an upsweep that is elegant and sophisticated.
6) Use hair extensions to thicken, and add length to the front portion of the hair, i.e. bangs.
7) Add clip-in hair extensions to thicken shorter hair.
8) Do not make a drastic color change before adding hair extensions, you may be a bit shocked.
9) Use hair extensions to add highlights instead of coloring your own hair.
Hair extensions will help to make your hair healthy in appearance, healthy hair is youthful. Whether or not you chose to wear hair extensions is up to you, if you feel more confident, then go for it.
Many A-list celebrities wear hair extensions, and wigs to achieve hairstyles that their own hair is too short or too thin to achieve. Not all of us over fifty looks like Jennifer Lopez, but we can still use her as an inspiration.
Before taking the plunge to have extensions attached to your own hair via, Veila Pull-Thru, Tape Hair, Beaded Sew-In Wefts, or Keratin Bonds, buy some clip-ins, attach them to sparse areas, and see what you think. If you like the look, the next step is going for attached extensions which do not have to be taken on and off.
I do recommend using human hair of the highest quality, it will look more natural and will be free of shiny silicone. Virgin (one-donor) hair is not overly coated with silicone and will appear like your own hair.
There are no age restrictions when wearing hair extensions, it is about raising your confidence. The Veila hair brand offers a variety of hair extension methods with guaranteed high-quality hair.
If you are over fifty, we are here to support you! We promise to give you a style that works for you!
Hair Extensions Background
At Noelle Salon, they evaluate your natural hair, and listen to the client's wishes on styling, color match, and look. They use human hair extensions like 100% Remy human hair, or Virgin Hair (unlike Bellami hair). Hair extensions can be used for short hair or 24 inches of a full head of hair, and they have worked with different methods like tape-in extensions, clip-in hair extensions, Keratin and enjoy using the Veila Pull-thru method with the Veila Hair Extensions for ease of hair care. Styling can vary from flat iron, natural curl, or curly hair. Whether you are looking for a change of style or look for a day such as a Clip-in ponytail, having a high-quality ponytail extension can mix it up for you. Your natural hair journey with your hair growth can be enhanced with Hair extensions when protective styling is applied, and regular maintenance is used. You can change your hair in one day - feel free to reach out and explore the possibilities.