Japanese Hair Straightening
Japanese Hair Straightening will leave your hair smooth for up to six months. As your natural root grows back, you will then need a touch-up. We use the CHI straightening system for over 20 years, with guaranteed results.
Prices start at $300 and will vary based on hair texture and length.
up to 4-hour service
Need A Haircut or Trim? Select "Add A Hair Cut" and add it to your service
Japanese is a permanent process, your hair will be completely straight, You will have regrowth that needs to be touched up as your hair grows. Most clients find they redo the process 2 to 4 times per year. The active ingredient is Ammonium Thioglycolate which softens the natural bonds of the hair, a thermal iron is then passed through the hair several times to straighten the hair completely. If you are familiar with curly perms with rods, this is the reverse process just straightening. The best results are on hair that has no major chemicals, or is perhaps very kinky and/or frizzy and super straight hair is desired.
Yodit is a master at all types of hair straightening, The CHI Japanese system being one of them. For new clients, we offer strand testing to ensure this process is right for you.
What to know about Japanese Straightening
1) This is a permanent process and you will have regrowth
2) Make sure your stylist is well versed with the process, ask for client referrals and have a strand test!
3) If you have chemicals in your hair such as hair relaxers (sodium hydroxide), hair bleach, and excessive color damage, then you are not a good candidate for the process since your hair can literally turn to mush and break. This is why I will say again - ask for a strand test!
4) Use sulfate-free products and natural oils to keep your hair and scalp healthy.
5) Avoid using hot irons over 350 degrees since this will lead to breakage.
6) You can not wash your hair for up to 3 days and no clips and ponytails until you wash your hair.
7) Treat your new silky strands with care, hair wraps at night stop friction on the hair shaft especially if you are a restless sleeper.
8) The process can take 3 to 5 hours based on hair length & texture
Keratin treatments are extremely popular these days, seek out a professional salon that offers free consultations and has a lot of experience with keratin. This also applies when seeking a salon for Japanese straightening. Strand test, strand test, strand test!