It should be an effortless endeavor when purchasing natural curly hair to resemble your own hair curl pattern. There are different curl patterns. from loose to tighter curls, that can be easily styled and low maintenance.
What to look for
1) It is no surprise that many hair extension manufacturers are located in Asia, but they do not have the best curl steaming process, therefore the curl does not last in the hair. The result after wearing these hair extensions, for three to four months is that the curl disappears.
2) Look for virgin (one-donor) Indian Temple hair or ethically sourced hair from Brazil. These hair extensions are light in weight with a subtle natural luster. If the hair extensions are overly shiny, then they are overwrought with silicone. Once the silicone washes away, you may be left with dry hair extensions. It is especially important to purchase the highest quality hair extensions when applying for daily wear.
3) The best naturally curly hair extensions can be washed and straightened. The curl pattern should return after washing.
4) Moderate frizziness indicates that the hair quality is better than overly frizzy hair. If your own hair is on the frizzier side, it is best to use a diffuser and curl enhancer to match your texture to the hair extensions.
5) Virgin Indian Temple's curly hair undergoes a vigorous three-day steaming process that imprints the curl pattern. Avoid chemically processed curly hair extensions.
How to care for curly hair extensions
1) Use a silk wrap to sleep at night, this will avoid hair friction that leads to knotting.
2) Avoid thermal heat straightening, it is best to blow dry curly hair versus thermal heat.
3) Limit washing; this will vary based on your natural oil production. One wash per week will keep your scalp and hair extensions healthy.
4) Use sulfate-free shampoo and natural oil-based conditioner. Avoid using too much conditioner on the scalp because this can lead to loosening the hair extension attachment.
5) Dry your hair 100 percent at the root.
6) To revive curls, less product is better, mist with water, use your fingers to scrunch the curls in place and allow to air dry. Wrap the extensions around a tail comb to create a coil.
7) Do a wet set to create volume and looser curl. Heat under an overhead dryer.
8) Do not bleach hair extensions, and avoid color processing.
9) Certain oils, such as Argan oil, are safe to use, especially if your hair extensions are lacking in luster. Humectant products will help to infuse moisture into dry locks. Dry heat can wreak havoc on curly hair, so adjust oil products accordingly.
It is important to handle curly hair with care, the delicate coils are not as durable as other textures. The above tips should help to make your experience a good one! Keep in mind, the less you do to your hair extensions, the longer they will last. Purchasing your hair from a reliable vendor will help ensure you are getting premium quality. Unfortunately, the price often reflects quality, but there should be a happy medium, over spending is not a surefire guarantee that your hair is premium.
At Noelle Salon, we offer curly hair extensions in natural curl patterns from 3b to 4c curl. Natural curly hair extensions are offered in a variety of application methods; beaded sew-in, braided sew-in, tape-in hair extensions, and keratin bonded. We can also custom-make keratin individual strands.
Hair Extensions Background
At Noelle Salon, they evaluate your natural hair, and listen to the client's wishes on styling, color match, and look. They use human hair extensions like 100% Remy human hair, or Virgin Hair (unlike Bellami hair). Hair extensions can be used for short hair or 24 inches of a full head of hair, and they have worked with different methods like tape-in extensions, clip-in hair extensions, Keratin and enjoy using the Veila Pull-thru method with the Veila Hair Extensions for ease of hair care. Styling can vary from flat iron, natural curl, or curly hair. Whether you are looking for a change of style or look for a day such as a Clip-in ponytail, having a high-quality ponytail extension can mix it up for you. Your natural hair journey with your hair growth can be enhanced with Hair extensions when protective styling is applied, and regular maintenance is used. You can change your hair in one day - feel free to reach out and explore the possibilities.