Natural-looking hair extensions are a subjective term based on an individual's perception; more hair vs. fewer hair extensions, perfect blending, looking like their own hair and desired look. In this article, I will be addressing hair extensions that look like your own hair. When I first learned hair extensions, in the early 1990s, the goal was to blend hair perfectly to look as if they were someone's own hair. Decades later, there is no shame in wearing hair extensions, therefore a less natural look is less significant.
For those who desire a natural look, choosing the best color match, texture and blending are crucial regardless of the chosen hair extension method. Scores of hair extension educators put more emphasis on application than proper cutting and blending. Hence, hair extensions that appear most natural blend perfectly with a clients' natural hair which is left out of the hair extensions and meant to cover the hair extension attachment.
Instructional Video Below
On To The Answer!
My experience has led me to believe that "custom made keratin bonded hair extensions" are the most natural-looking. Why? The custom-made bonded hair is applied individually which allows for hair extensions to flow with the natural fall of hair. Additionally, the size of each extension can be adjusted to the hair density (smaller or larger sizes), based on the areas of the head.
This technique has become a lost art in hair extensions artistry but is ultimately the best way to create a seamless blend from natural hair into hair extensions. Once the hair extensions are applied, very little cutting and blending are required. Today, individual keratin hair extensions are sold pre-bonded with a keratin tip offered in one size, length, and texture.
1) Several textures of hair can be blended to create a perfect blend. You are not limited to one texture (wavy, straight, or curly), instead, you can blend several textures at once. Texture blending is especially important in curly hair; considering curly hair can be tight curls, deep waves, loose curls, and textured curls.
2) Several Colors can be blended onto a board, often, I will blend up to 4 shades per hair extension. The aftermath is a consistent blend of color!
3) Customizing hair extensions allow for applying for the extension in layers by cutting shorter extensions and shifting the hair to create tapered ends.
What Is Needed To Create Custom Hair Extensions;
In previous articles, I mentioned a blending board that allows for laying textures and hair extension colors onto the board. The hair extensions can then be cut directly from the board. You will need an old pair of cutting shears to cut the hair off and a keratin adhesive. Keratin adhesives are offered in several varieties;
1) Keratin sticks, which are placed into a glue gun. Make no mistake, the keratin sticks are not intended for craft projects, craft glue sticks melt at a high temperature and will burn hair.
2) Keratin pellets melted in a hot glue pot i.e. florist glue pot, and the hair is dipped into the pot to create a keratin tip.
3) Keratin re-bonds, the best way to melt the rebonds is on a hair extension connector and purged into the hair.
4) A hair extension connector will help to distribute the adhesive and then rolled into a perfect keratin bond.
I created the below video in 2013, watching this video will show exactly how the custom-blended extensions are created. I am passionate about following the latest hair extension trends, but I still rely on some of the original techniques that have been proven efficacious. If you have questions, feel free to reach out or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hair Extensions Background
At Noelle Salon, we evaluate your natural hair, listen to our client's wishes on styling, color match, and look. We use human hair extensions like 100% Remy human hair, or Virgin Hair (unlike Bellami hair). Hair extensions can be used for short hair or 24 inches of a full head of hair, and have worked with different methods like tape-in extensions, clip-in hair extensions, Keratin and enjoy using our Pull-thru Veila Hair Extensions for ease of hair care. Styling can vary from flat iron, natural curl, or curly hair. Whether you are looking for a change of style or look for a day such as a Clip-in ponytail, having a high-quality ponytail extension can mix it up for you. Your natural hair journey with your hair growth can be enhanced with Hair extensions when protective styling is applied, and regular maintenance is used. You can change your hair in one day - feel free to reach out to us and explore the possibilities.