Are Individual Bead Hair Extensions Damaging?
Individual bead hair extensions are just one name for this method of hair extensions. They are also known as i-tip hair, micro link hair, shoelace extensions cylinder hair extensions, i-link, copper locs, and hair locs. They are known to be one of the safest methods of hair extensions since they are applied individually and contain no glue or tape.
1) Individual hair extensions are applied to twenty or so strands of natural hair. They are placed a bit away from the scalp to avoid tension on the hair. The extensions can be customized throughout the head with the ability to add more hair in sparse areas of the hair.
2) The ability to wear hair at the top of the head; virtually undetectable. You have 360-degree movement.
3) The hair is re-usable and keeps its quality when well maintained.
4) Easy removal using pliers to open the link and release the hair extension. No messy residue
5) No heat, glue, or tape is being applied which makes maintenance easier.
1) The beads can slip out of the hair easier than other types of hair extensions.
2) The cost of maintenance is higher than other methods of hair extensions because there are many attachment areas.
3) They require more maintenance than other types of individual hair extensions such as; keratin bonded hair extensions which last up to 5 months. The average maintenance is approximately 8 weeks.
4) More attention is needed when blowdrying and styling to avoid slipping.
5) Avoiding oil products and reducing oils from the scalp is important. More frequent shampoos may be necessary.
6) Lots of hair extensions are needed to add volume and length on medium to thick density hair.
Individual bead hair extensions are gentle on the hair, but not as secure as other methods of hair extensions such as; tape hair, sew-in hair, keratin bonds, and pull-thru method.
Micro-link hair extensions work perfectly on all hair textures
They work best on fine hair because of their fragile nature. In contrast, they can slip out easier on fine hair for the same reason. It is imperative that the link/bead is closed properly - not too much to break the hair, but enough to secure the hair extensions within.
On the flip side, they stay in well on textured hair or hair that is dry.
Hair Loss & Thinning Hair
Micro-link extensions are the perfect choice for those experiencing hair thinning. A hairstylist can easily hide the extensions within the hair and fill in thin areas. The hair extensions will not damage compromised hair. Veila Pull-Thru hair extensions offer the same benefit to hair, no glue, tape, or tensions.
1) On fine hair, use a clarifying shampoo once per week or bi-weekly to remove oil build-up.
2) Use dry shampoo on the attachment to repel oil build-up.
3) Separate the extensions and with your fingers and brush below the attachment,
4) When using a flat/curl iron, be sure to not get too close to the attachment. It is best to section the hair by each row of your hair and keep hot irons at least 3 inches away from the micro-link.
Individual bead hair extensions are the most natural-looking, no one will know you are wearing them especially when applied by a well-trained hair extension expert! If you are a person that does not want their hair to scream "hair extensions," then these are the extensions for you.
It is important to go to a salon/stylist that has experience working with hair loss. Attaching extensions is not a mindless endeavor, careful attention needs to be paid to each area of the head. Often, adding fewer hair extensions is paramount, strategically placing hair extensions for your own hair's individual needs is the goal.
At Noelle Salon, we offer free and private consultations to ensure you are the perfect candidate for hair extensions or possibly a hair topper. Our experience speaks for itself. It is our goal to keep your own hair healthy and train other salons to do the same.
We give every client special attention, you are special to us and your hair is our work of art. Our intention is to create the best hair for you and our customer service and expertise will prove it.
Hair Extensions Background
At Noelle Salon, we evaluate your natural hair, listen to our client's wishes on styling, color match, and look. We use human hair extensions like 100% Remy human hair, or Virgin Hair (unlike Bellami hair). Hair extensions can be used for short hair or 24 inches of a full head of hair, and have worked with different methods like tape-in extensions, clip-in hair extensions, Keratin and enjoy using our Pull-thru Veila Hair Extensions for ease of hair care. Styling can vary from flat iron, natural curl, or curly hair. Whether you are looking for a change of style or look for a day such as a Clip-in ponytail, having a high-quality ponytail extension can mix it up for you. Your natural hair journey with your hair growth can be enhanced with Hair extensions when protective styling is applied, and regular maintenance is used. You can change your hair in one day - feel free to reach out to us and explore the possibilities.